Tart and tangy green tomatoes crusted in shredded parmesan cheese and served with aioli – a healthier version of a southern classic.
- 2-3 sliced Green Tomatoes
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Cornmeal
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Aioli for serving (optional)(1/4 Mayonnaise and 2 cloves of crushed Garlic)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375.
- Whisk together the eggs and the milk, and set them aside in a shallow dish.
- In another shallow dish combine the parmesan, cornmeal, salt, and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip each tomato slice into the egg wash, before dredging it in the cornmeal and parmesan mix.
- Place the coated tomatoes onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with aioli.