I made some homemade cranberry jelly about a week ago, and have been brainstorming non-Thanksgiving ways for using it. So far, this is what I have been able to come up with – a soy, cranberry, and garlic sauce on roast chicken that has been roasted on a bed of garlic seasoned potatoes, mushrooms, and carrots. Tasty.
- 4-6 servings of Chicken
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 3 pressed cloves of Garlic + 2 pressed cloves of Garlic
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Cranberry Jelly
- 2 tbsp Sherry + 4 tbsp Sherry
- 1 lb baby Potatoes
- 8 oz Mushrooms
- 3 sliced Carrots
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (~177 C).
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- Toss the potatoes, mushrooms, and carrots in the butter, olive oil, 3 cloves of pressed garlic, and season with salt.
- Arrange the vegetables around the bottom of the baking pan.
- Pour 4 tbsp of sherry into the bottom of the pan with the veggies.
- Whisk together the cranberry jelly, soy sauce, 2 tbsp sherry, and 2 remaining cloves of garlic.
- Dust the chicken in the flour (use corn stretch for gluten free alternative).
- Place the chicken in the pan on top of the veggies.
- Gently pour the cranberry soy sauce over the chicken.
- Bake for about an hour.