For some reason, I’ve been dreaming about making my own popsicles this summer. It’s just one of those things that’s been circling the edges of my mind all summer long, but I kept on putting it off, until I finally broke down and bought myself a popsicle making kit. I mean what grownup spends there summer obsessing about homemade popsicles? Apparently, I do. This situations had been further compounded by the fact that there’s a box of truly horrendous store-bought popsicles sitting in the freezer. I would have been better off freezing an entire bottle of cough syrup. It would have tasted better.
For my first batch of popsicles, I decided to create a rift on my favorite coffee order – the honey latte.
I haven’t given exact measurements since it really depends on the size and shape of your popsicle molds, and don’t feel the need to pass this recipe up, if you don’t have a popsicle making set, small cups and popsicle sticks work just fine.
- Expresso or really strong Coffee
- 1 tbsp of Honey for each popsicle
- Whipped Cream
- Stir together the coffee and the honey.
- Add a couple of small scoops of whipped cream into the popsicle molds.
- Gently, pour the coffee over the cream.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours before removing from molds. If you’re having a hard time getting it out of the mold run the mold under warm water until the popsicle slides out.