A little something to sweetened up this year’s Mother’s Day brunch. Loosely based off of a Giada de Laurentiis’ recipe and a basic ricotta cheesecake recipe.
- 1 pint fresh Blueberries + 1/2 pint fresh Blueberries
- 2 lb (32 oz) Whole-milk Ricotta Cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Lemon (zest the lemon, set aside the zest, and then cut the lemon in half)
- 1 cups Flour
- Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor puree 1 pint of blueberries.
- Add the ricotta into the food processor with the blueberries, and blend until smooth.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and the juice from half of the lemon.
- Continue to blend.
- Pour the ricotta mixture into a bowl, and stir in the 3/4 cup sugar.
- Stir in the salt.
- Stir in the lemon zest.
- Stir in the flour until well combined.
- Grease a 9″ springform pan, and fill the pan with the cake batter.
- Bake for 1 hour. Use the clean toothpick/knife test to make sure that the cake is fully baked through.
- Cool the cake fully before springing from the pan.
- Right before serving, arrange the remaining blueberries on top of the cake.
- Lightly dust the cake with powdered sugar.