The original wheel pattern has textured petals, but I could never managed to get them right. This is the altered version of the 6th wheel.
- Metal Ring (8 mm)
- Yarn (Lace (0) weight)
- Cotton Cord
- U.S. size 7 (1.65 mm) (Eng. size 4) Crochet Hook
Sc 18 over a metal ring of triple cord loop.
- Ch 5. *Tr 1. Ch 2.* Repeat 16x. (18 Tr in total if you count the initial Ch of 5 as one)
- Crochet each (6 in total, although I somehow ended up with 7) petal: Sc 6. (~ 2 in each open Sp.). Ch 1 to turn. Sc 7. Ch 1 to turn. Sc 8. Ch 1 to turn. Sc 9. Ch 1 to turn. Sc 9. Ch 1 to turn. Sc 9. Sl St around one side of the petal to return to the base. Sc 1 in the Sp between petals. Do not return to the base after finishing the final petal.
- Crocheting over a single cord around the top of the wheel: *Sc 2. P 1 (Ch 4). Sc 2. P 1. Sc 2.* in each Sp between petals, and Sc 9 along the top of each petal.
Relevant Project Links:
- Adapted from Irish Crochet Lace.
- The Ephemeral Bee Irish Crochet Post
- Crochet Glossary