A weekend/Valentine breakfast treat, I made these decadent chocolate, chocolate chip pancakes into little heart shapes – a little festive fun, although, I do think that the more traditional, large, fluffy, round pancakes have a better texture then my lumpy hearts ❤ The recipe below can be used to make either forms of pancakes.
- 1 cup self-rising Flour
- 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp melted Butter
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, and salt.
- Separately whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Heat up a skillet.
- Lightly grease the skillet, before spooning a portions of your pancake batter into it.
- Once bubbles begin to appear on the top side of the pancake, flip the pancake over and cook the other side.
- Proceed to cook the rest of your pancakes in a similar manner.