Breaded chicken breasts stuffed with melty fontina cheese, and served with a garlic, cremini mushrooms, and artichoke heart sauce.
- 2-3 skin-less, sliced down the middle, and pounded out thin Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- 1-2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2-3 thick block slices of Fontina Cheese
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3 cloves minced Garlic
- 1/2 Lemon
- 6-8 sliced Cremini Mushrooms
- 14 oz of quartered Artichoke Hearts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Stuff the fontina into the middle of each chicken breasts, and roll the breasts back together so that none of the cheese is sticking out.
- Drench the chicken in a vat of seasoned (with salt and pepper) buttermilk, and immediately coat with panko.
- Set the chicken breasts into the baking dish, and bake them for about 45 minutes to an hour – until they are fully cooked through.
- About 10 minutes before you remove the chicken from the oven, melt the butter in a sauté pan.
- Sauté the garlic, followed by the mushrooms, and the artichoke hearts.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the sauce with the chicken.