My homemade saffron semolina pasta sautéed in olive oil, garlic, madeira wine, and a squeeze of fresh orange juice, sprinkled with Kalamata olives and chopped parsley.
- Saffron Semolina Pasta
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 minced cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 cup Madeira Wine
- the juice from 1 Orange
- 1/2 cup sliced Kalamata Olives
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper (less or more depending on level of spice desired)
- 1/4 cup chopped Parsley
- 1 cup Water
- Salt for seasoning
- In a large sauté pan with a lid, heat up the olive oil.
- Add the garlic, and make sure that it does not burn.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the madeira wine and orange juice.
- Place the uncooked pasta in the pan, and pour the liquids (including the water) over the pasta.
- Season with salt, and cover for 3-4 minutes. Gently toss the pasta and check occasionally to make sure that all of the liquid has not cooked off or that the pasta has burned. The homemade pasta can be very delicate so make sure to gently fold the pasta over instead of stirring it.
- Sprinkle in the olives and crushed red pepper, and allow the pasta to cook for another minute or two.
- Sprinkle with parsley, taste test for salt, and serve.