This is going to be my 300th post! Hooray!!
If that’s not a sign that it is time to through my recipe index, I don’t know what is. I also feel like I really need to make this post count. What could be better then chocolate covered strawberries? Why chocolate covered strawberries disguised as a socially acceptable breakfast food!
…dotted with chocolate chunks and caramelized strawberries!
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Sprouted Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp melted Butter
- 1/2 chopped semi-sweet Chocolate
- 6 sliced Strawberries
- Sift together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Separately, whisk together the syrup, milk, eggs, and butter.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and the chocolate. Do not over mix!
- Heat a cast-iron pan.
- Grease the bottom of the pan with a spray of oil or butter.
- Arrange a couple of the strawberries along the bottom of the hot pan.
- Quickly, spoon some of the pancake batter over the strawberries, and allow the pancake to cook until the edges look dry and bubbles have formed in the middle.
- Flip the pancake, and cook for another minute or two.
- Remove the pancake from the pan and proceed to re-grease the pan for the next batch of pancakes.