My sister introduced me to some store-bought blueberry bourbon jelly a few weeks ago, and that turned out to be a great combination which I just needed to attempt to recreate. I used frozen wild blueberries for this batch as our local berries are not available yet, and things turned out alright, although, I was expecting a little more tartness. I also decided on making a jam instead of a jelly. Just a tad less difficult and time consuming.
- 1 lb Wild Blueberries
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- juice from 1 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- Place everything in a high sided sauce pan.
- Place the pan on the stovetop and bring it to a boil.
- Cook the jam for 15-20 minutes. You may want to use a candy thermometer to insure that it gets to the proper jelling temperature.
- Transfer into the jam into a jar that has been sterilized with boiling water, and seal with an equally sterile lid.
- Allow your jam to cool for a few hours before storing it in the refrigerator for up to a couple of weeks.
- It should take the jam about 24 hours to fully set up, so refrain from serving and shaking it about until then.