I’m going to continue on with my latest trend of pickling garden produce, and introduce you to my Dill Pickle recipe. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy it as much as I do.
- fresh Cucumbers cut into rounds (enough to fill 2 pint jars or a quart)
- 4 thinly sliced Pearl Onions (or a 1/4 of a regular onion)
- 3 whole cloves of Garlic
- 4 fresh sprigs of Dill
- 2 cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cups of Water
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp Salt (Kosher)
- ~6 Black Pepper Corns
- Arrange the cucumbers, dill, garlic, and onion in a mason jar or sealable glass container.
- On the stove top combine the vinegar, water, honey, salt, and black pepper corns.
- Bring the pickling solution to a rolling boil.
- Carefully pour the pickling solution over the cucumbers, and seal the jar or container.
- Once slightly cooled, store the pickles in the refrigerator for up to a month or proceed to properly can them for longer storage.