Watermelon Radishes can brighten up almost any salad, throw in some fresh mint, jicama marinated in freshly squeezed citrus, spicy arugula, and some tangy pickled onions, and you’ve got a refreshingly light salad to enticingly tickle your palette.
- 1/2 Jicama (peeled and cut into matchsticks)
- 1-2 Grapefruits
- 2-3 Oranges
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 thinly sliced Watermelon Radish
- 1/2 cup Pickled Red Onions
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh Mint
- 2-3 cups Arugula
- A couple of hours before serving, segment the grapefruit and oranges by cutting them in half a cutting around the membranes so that you can scoop the fruit out with a spoon. Squeeze the remaining juice out over the fruit – the more juice the better!
- Combine the Jicama, citrus, olive oil, and season with salt.
- Store in the refrigerator to marinate for a few hours before serving.
- Arrange a bed of arugula along the bottom of your serving dish.
- Toss together the marinated jicama, watermelon radish, pickled onions, and mint. Season with salt as desired.
- Place the salad overtop the arugula and serve.