Lemon poppyseed muffins are a personal favorite mine. Not only are they bright and cheerful both in color and flavor, their light fluffy texture melts in your mouth and gives your dreary morning routine a delightful boost.
Recipe makes 6 large or a dozen regular sized muffins.
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Butter (melted)
- 1 Egg
- 2 Lemons
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Poppyseed
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (~177 C).
- Whisk together the butter, milk, egg, lemon zest, lemon juice, poppyseed, salt, and sugar.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder.
- Gently fold the mixture together. Don’t over mix. It’s alright to still have a few pockets of flour visible.
- Scoop the muffin batter into greased or lined tins.
- Bake for ~15-20 minutes.
One Comment Add yours