Hummus Flatbreads… because apparently it’s a thing.
I took a stab at making one last night for dinner, and was surprisingly pleased by the results. I grilled my flatbread on a hot grill, and then coated it with a thin layer of hummus followed by a salad of fresh greens, tomatoes, and grilled veggies. This will be a great recipe for when summer truly sets in – light, fresh, easy to put together, and healthy.
- Dough for one Flatbread
- 2 sprigs fresh Rosemary coarsely chopped
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups Hummus
- 1 grilled Eggplant marinated in balsamic vinegar
- 2 grilled Bell Peppers
- 3-4 cups fresh salad Greens
- sliced Tomatoes
- Grill and prepare the eggplant and the peppers. For the bell peppers you can char them on the grill until there skins are nice and black, and then dunk them into an ice bath to rapidly cool before peeling off the skins.
- Add the sliced peppers to the marinating eggplant.
- Knead the rosemary into the flatbread dough.
- Roll out the flatbread dough, and cook it on the grill. You may have to spray the dough with olive oil to keep it from sticking. Make sure you flip the dough halfway though so that it cooks evenly on both sides.
- Remove from the grill, and spread the hummus over the top of the flatbread evenly.
- Pile the greens onto the hummus.
- Sprinkle on the tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant.