Grilled Beets (because it’s too warm out to roast them in the oven and boiling them is a pain) + Tahini (to add a level of richness that contrasts with the sweetness of the beets) = a hearty summer dish!
- 4 Beets – peeled and sliced into round of about 1/4″ thickness
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ancho Chili Powder
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- Optional – Serve on a bed of fresh Greens
- Pre-heat your grill.
- Toss your beets in the olive oil and sprinkle liberally with the sea salt and ancho chili powder.
- Grill your Beets:
- I grilled my beets over a medium flame (the temperature bouncing between 350 – 400).
- 10 – 15 minute each side.
- Set your beets aside to cool. I served my beets cold.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the beets.
- Taste test to see if you need to add a little more salt.
- Finally, drizzle the tahini over the beets and serve.
One Comment Add yours
Thanks for the inspiration, looks lovely!
LikeLiked by 1 person