There is a wonderful coffee/donut shop along Massachusetts’ southern shore that serves up New England style iced coffees inspired by classic American candy bars. Four hours, usually more due to Boston traffic, is a long ways to drive in order to get an iced coffee, no matter how good it is, so I have taken to concocting my own versions at home. I present you with an almond flavored iced coffee, sweetened by chocolate syrup, and richened with coconut cream.
- hot brewed Coffee
- 1 tbsp Almond Extract
- 1-2 tsp Chocolate Syrup
- 1-2 tsp Coconut Cream
- Milk, Cream, Coconut Milk, or Almond Milk
- Shredded Coconut (optional)
- Add the almond extract to the freshly brewed hot coffee. I usually make a full pot, and store it in the refrigerator for a few days. That way I can just pull some of the preprepared coffee out when I feel like making an iced coffee drink.
- Cool the coffee,
- Pour a cup of the cold coffee into a mixing cup, and stir in the coconut cream.
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup down the insides of the glass.
- Pour the coffee and coconut mixture over the ice.
- Pour some of the milk or cream of choice into the coffee.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut, and enjoy.