Fresh, homemade salsa is an easy way to add a little bit of summer’s freshness to your barbecued meat. All it takes is a little extra chopping and some beautiful, fresh tomatoes. The sweetness of the corn is a good complement to the spiciness of the jalapeño, the tartness of the lime, and the freshness of the tomato. I served this salsa with my grilled pork and pineapple tacos.
- 2 grilled ears of corn
- 2 freshly diced tomatoes
- 1/4 of a finely diced Red Onion
- 1 diced Jalapeño (remove the seeds, unless you want a really spicy salsa)
- 1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
- the juice of 1 Lime
- Salt for seasoning
- Use a knife to cut the grilled corn from the cob.
- Toss the corn, tomatoes, jalapeño, and cilantro together.
- Squeeze with fresh lime juice and season with salt.