A creamy pumpkin custard with caramelized onions and a sharp blue cheese. I made these single serving pumpkin quiches a couple of weeks ago, and am finally getting around to posting the recipe. I do appreciate the irony of posting this recipe in succession to my pumpkin pie recipe, but the timing is purely coincidental and the result of poor planning on my part.
- 1 Pie Crust (in a 9″ pie dish or 3 4″ baking ramekins)
- 1 sliced Onion
- 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle Chili powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 cup Pumpkin puree
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Half and Half or Cream
- 1/4 tsp Salt + Salt for seasoning
- 1 cup diced Blue Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (~177 C).
- Melt the butter in a hot.
- Caramelize the onions in the melted butter.
- Dust the onions with the sugar, chipotle chili, and season with salt.
- Continue to caramelize the onions until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, half and half, and 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into your pie crust.
- Sprinkle half of the blue cheese over the pumpkin.
- Arrange the caramelized onions over the pumpkin.
- Sprinkle on the remaining blue cheese.
- Bake for about a hour.
- Serve within 15 minutes of removing from the oven.
One Comment Add yours
Looks and sounds very yummy!
LikeLiked by 1 person