What else am I supposed to do with those oozy, slimy, gooey, brown bananas? For banana bread the slimier the better! You know – the kind of banana that will begin to disintegrate in your hand as you try to peel it, or better yet, the kind of banana has already started to ooze out of its peel and is sitting in its own little puddle of brown muck. You get the picture. The miracle behind banana bread is that you take this disgusting, unappetizing pile of mush, and transform it into a sweet, toothsome breakfast treat.
Recipe makes 1 loaf of banana bread.
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 mashed brown Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground Nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (~177 C).
- Beat together the sugar and oil.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Beat in the bananas.
- Sift together all of the dry ingredients, minus the pecans.
- Gradually, combine the dry ingredients with the wet.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Pour the batter into a 9″ greased loaf pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes.
One Comment Add yours
LikeLiked by 1 person