Iced coffee season is back! Here is a homemade, dairy-free version of a coconut frappuccino that combines frozen coconut and coffee into a delightful blended summer drink that’s somewhere between a coconut smoothie and an iced coffee.
- 1/2 cup frozen Coconut flesh (if you can find fresh coconut to use, that would be great, but frozen coconut flesh is what’s available around here and it also doesn’t require a hammer)
- a small handful of Ice Cubes
- 1 cup cold, strong Coffee
- 2-3 tbsp Coconut Cream or Coconut Milk
- Sweetener (optional. I didn’t use any additional sweetener in my frappuccino, it turned out sweet enough for me, but if you are accustomed to sweet frappuccinos, you may want to consider adding a sweetener.)
- In a blender, blend together the coconut flesh and coconut cream until smooth. The coconut flesh can be slightly chunky so make sure you blend it really well, before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Add in the coffee and ice, and blend until smooth.
- Pour and Enjoy!