Another summer fruit crisp. I did strawberries a couple of weeks ago. This week it’s time for some blueberries. They are not quite in season around here yet, but they are starting to appear on the supermarket shelves, probably shipped up from Florida or California. I can’t wait for blueberry pie season! Yum yum yum…
- 1 lb. Blueberries
- 2 cups Oats
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted Butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (~190 C).
- Grease a baking dish.
- Spread the blueberries out evenly across the bottom of the baking dish.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the dry ingredients, and then stir them until they begin to lump together.
- Spoon out the crisp topping evenly over the layer of blueberries.
- Bake the crisp for 45 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the blueberries juices have begun to bubble up from underneath.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Leftover crip is a great breakfast treat. Just give it a splash of milk and enjoy.