Lightly pickled sweet corn in a honey dijon vinaigrette with small cubes of salty feta, sweet bell peppers, and freshly picked chives. A simple summer salad, that would probably qualify more as a starchy side then an actual salad, but is still a lovely accompaniment to any summer meal. A lighter alternative to the more traditional mayo heavy pasta or potato salads that usually grace the American summer BBQ. This salad is also great for picnicking!
- 5 ears of sweet Corn
- 1/2 cup Feta cut into small cubes
- 1 thinly sliced Sweet Bell Pepper
- 2 tbsp sliced Chives
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Cook the corn, and then allow it to cool. Shave the kernels off of the cobs.
- Combine the corn kernels, feta, bell pepper, and chives.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the honey, mustard, vinegar, and olive oil.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper, and give it a quick toss.
- Store the salad in the refrigerator for a few hours, or overnight, before serving.