Butterscotch, Bourbon, and Chocolate Chips – What more can you ask for? You really won’t regret giving this recipe a try.
Recipe makes a 9×13 pan of blondies.
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Bourbon
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (~177C).
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with aluminum foil and grease well.
- In a sauce pan combine the butter and brown sugar, and place over moderate heat.
- Melt the butter and the brown sugar together until smooth to create your butterscotch.
- Stir in the bourbon and vanilla.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl. Allow the butterscotch to cool slightly. 5 – 10 minutes is a good cooling window. You want it cool enough to not scramble your eggs but warm enough that it hasn’t begun to solidify or turn grainy.
- Meanwhile, sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Once the butterscotch has cooled enough, beat in the eggs. Do this while continuing to vigorously mix so that the eggs don’t stay in a single spot and begin to cook.
- Add in the salt. Keep mixing.
- Add in the flour. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add in the chocolate chips. Don’t over stir. They well melt slightly from the heat, and you don’t want to loose them in the batter.
- Pour your batter into the greased pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Here comes the hard part….. allow them to cool fully before digging in!