A beautifully light, tangy, spiced carrot cake coated in fluffy cream cheese frosting. I make this special cake once a year, at the end of every May, for my Dad’s Birthday.
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp ground Cloves
- ½ tsp ground Allspice
- 10 oz crushed Pineapple
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups grated Carrots
- 1 cup chopped Nuts
- 3/4 cup shredded Coconut.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease two 9″ circular cake pans.
- Mix together the carrots, oil, pineapple, coconut, eggs, sugar, cloves, allspice and salt.
- Gradually stir in the flour and baking soda.
- Add the nuts.
- Pour the batter evenly into the two greased cake pans.
- Bake at 350ºF for 45-60 minutes.
Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat together until fluffy; 6 tbsp butter (room temp), 8 oz cream cheese (room temp), 5 cups powdered sugar, 3 tsp vanilla extract, and a dash of salt.
I used walnuts and sprinkles to decorate the cake.