A decadent seasonal breakfast – pumpkin brioche drenched in a cinnamon custard, pan fried until golden brown, served with a dulce de leche and cream cheese spread, and garnished with crisp, fall apples.
For each slice of bread:
- 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Cream
- a dash of Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- a dash of Salt
For cream cheese spread:
- 2 oz of Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp of Dulce de Leche (if you can not find it in your grocery store, you can make some by simmering a can of sweetened condensed milk in a large pot of water for a few hours.)
Apples for garnish.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Whisk together the egg, cream, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt.
- Soak the bread in the custard for a few seconds on each side before placing it in the hot skillet.
- Once one side is golden brown, flip the toast over and continue to brown the other side.
- Meanwhile, beat together the cream cheese and dulce de leche.
- Remove the french toast from the pan, spread with the cream cheese, and garnish with the apples.
One Comment Add yours
I didn’t make French toast for so long, I really should do it one of these days 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person