Leftover cornbread, one final harvest of the garden kale, and BACON. How can you resist the bacon? A simple dish that uses up some of the food that has been sitting around my kitchen. Think of it as practice for Thanksgiving in a couple weeks.
- diced Cornbread
- 3-4 diced strips of Bacon
- 1-2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 diced Onion
- 1 cup Hard Cider (or chicken broth)
- 2 tbsp diced Butter
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (~176 C)
- Grease a oven-safe casserole dish.
- Place the bacon in a hot cast-iron skillet, and allow it to crisp slightly.
- Add the kale and onions. The kale will wilt when cooked so you may need to added it into the skillet in two or three phases.
- Drizzle the Worcestershire sauce over the kale.
- Continue to cook the kale, onions, and bacon for another 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Arrange half of the cornbread into the bottom of the greased casserole dish.
- Spoon the kale mixture over the cornbread.
- Arrange the second half of the cornbread over the kale mixture.
- Pour the hard cider over the casserole.
- Arrange the diced butter around the top of the stuffing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
One Comment Add yours
Awesome stuffing, looks very tasty..
LikeLiked by 1 person