I can’t think of anything to write for this post other then – I love LOVE love baking with fresh cranberries. Dried berries and canned jellies just don’t do the fruit justice. Not to mention that beautifully bright red color! Talk about festive!!
Recipe makes a dozen regular sized muffins or 6 large muffins.
- 1 cup fresh Cranberries cut into quarters
- 1 cup Sourdough Starter (or buttermilk if you don’t have any starter sitting around)
- 1/4 cup melted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- zest from 1 Orange
- Juice from a half of an Orange
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (~177 C).
- Grease your muffin tin.
- Whisk together the starter, butter, vanilla, eggs, and orange juice.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients, including the sugar, orange zest, and quartered cranberries.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in the ingredients. It is all right to still have a few clumps of flour, you just do not want to over mix the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake for ~ 20 – 30 minutes for small muffins, and ~30 – 40 minutes for larger muffins.