- 1/4 cup grated Cheddar Cheese (a thickly grated parmesan also works well)
- 1 Egg
- non-stick Oil Spray
- a toasted and buttered English Muffin
- a handful of Baby Spinach (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Heat up a frying pan. I like to use a cast-iron skillet, but if you have a good non-stick frying pan you maybe able to get away with not using any non-stick spray.
- Once your pan is hot enough, spray it with the oil and set your cheese directly onto the middle of the pan.
- Allow the cheese to melt, and then crack your egg over the middle of the cheese.
- Season the egg with salt and pepper, and cover the cooking egg with a lid or another pan so that it will cook evenly. It should only take a couple of minutes for your egg to cook – more or less, depending on how runny you want your yoke.
- Meanwhile arrange your english muffin on a plate with the spinach piled onto the muffin bottom.
- Remove your egg from the pan, and place it on top of the spinach.
- Cover the egg with the muffin top, and enjoy your sandwich.