I saw a recipe for an Iced Tahini Mocha, and decided to create my own version of it. I find iced expresso to be nothing short of coffee sacrilege – you may as well drink water with brown food coloring in it – gone is the bold coffee flavor and in its place is a watery mess coated in syrupy sweetness and artificial flavorings. I brew my iced coffee at double strength and let it chill for a few hours before serving it, and sometimes, when I have the time and space, I freeze coffee in ice cube trays to keep my iced coffee strong. The idea of adding tahini into my coffee intrigued me. I thought that it’s richness would be a nice complement to the bitterness of the coffee. As it turns out, coffee and tahini is a great combination, and the chocolate just makes it that much more spectacular.
- 12-14 fl oz strong Cold Coffee
- 1 tsp Tahini
- 1 tsp Chocolate Syrup
- Cream or Milk (optional)
- Whisk vigorously together the tahini, chocolate syrup, and a couple tablespoons of coffee. You want to make sure that the tahini is fully incorporated into the coffee.
- Stir in the rest of the coffee.
- Add milk or cream if desired.
- Pour the coffee over a glass full of ice, and enjoy. You want to drink your coffee as soon as possible since the tahini will eventually start to sink to the bottom. If I do not want to drink it all at once, I place my mixed coffee in a mason jar with a lid so that I can then shake it up before drinking it straight from the jar.