Elephant shaped buttermilk biscuits with cheddar cheese – perfect for dipping into soup, spreading with jam, or packing into school lunches.
This recipe made over 3 dozen biscuits, but the quantity really comes down to the size and shape of your biscuit (cookie) cutter.
- 10 tbsp Butter
- 3 cups Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or grease.
- Cut the butter into the flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Use your hands to distribute the cheddar cheese throughout the mixture.
- Pour in the buttermilk. The buttermilk should bring the dough together into a solid mixture.
- Roll out the dough to about 3/4″ thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out your biscuits.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.