An owl shaped cookie with coffee liqueur and expresso favored dough and a bittersweet chocolate glaze. A little something that keeps you going at all hours.
- 1 cup Butter (room temp) + 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Coffee Liqueur
- 1 Egg
- 3 cups Flour
- 2 tbsp ground Expresso
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 6 oz Bittersweet Chocolate
- Cream the 1 cup butter and sugar together.
- Beat in the egg and coffee liqueur.
- Beat in the dry ingredients.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F (~176 C).
- Roll out your dough to a 1/4″ thickness, and cut out your owls.
- Place your owls on a lined or greased cookie sheet, and then bake your owls for 8 – 10 minutes. They should no longer be shiny but have not yet started to brown.
- Allow your cookies to cool for at least an hour.
- In a double boiler slowly melt the chocolate and the 2 tbsp butter. Take your time.
- Dip the owls into the melted chocolate at an angle so that the chocolate covers half of the front of the cookie without getting to much chocolate on the back. This takes some practice.
- Place you chocolate covered cookies on a sheet of wax paper to dry.
One Comment Add yours
These look wonderful, lovely idea..
LikeLiked by 1 person