This week I wanted to share my favorite banana muffin recipe with you. It is adapted from the Bread Bible. It seems like not too long ago I was posting my banana bread recipe, but with this summer’s heat my bananas have been ripening quickly, before I can keep up with them. A dilemma that I have been easily solving by mashing my overripe bananas up and stashing them in the freezer for a later date. It has gotten to the point that I have a few, too many, bananas in the freezer, and have been enjoying banana muffins for breakfast over the past week.
Recipe makes 10 small muffins.
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups ( or 4-5) mashed Bananas
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/3 cup Flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (~177 C).
- Make the streusel by cutting the butter into the flour and sugar until it begins to stick together in pea sized clumps.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, and fill two of the cups with water.
- Beat together the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat in the mashed bananas.
- Shift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Up end the dry ingredients into the wet, and toss in the pecans.
- Fold the ingredients together, without over-mixing.
- Scoop the batter into the 10 empty muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the streusel on top of each cup of batter.
- Bake for 25 – 35 minutes.