A honey infused apple quick-bread with a sour cream base, I set out to bake a simple apple quick-bread that was slightly more savory then an apple cake (I’m thinking breakfast) and not heavily spiced. One of my latest food revelations is that heavily spiced apple cakes/breads muffle the bright, saccharinely tart flavors of a freshly harvested apple, and why would you want to do that?
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted Butter
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 5 diced Apples (peeled, cored, and diced)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (~177 C).
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat until frothy the butter, oil, honey, and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the apples.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.