A soft chewy cookie filled with buttery macadamia nuts and creamy white chocolate – What’s not to love?
Recipe makes ~2 dozen large cookies.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter (room temp)
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening (room temp)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 cups Self Rising Flour (or 2 1/2 cups regular Flour, 1 tsp Baking Soda)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 8 oz White Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup chopped Macadamia Nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (~177 C).
- Cream together the butter, shortening, and sugars.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Beat in the vanilla and salt.
- Add in the flour and continue to beat until fully combined.
- Stir in the chocolate and nuts.
- Scoop the dough out onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies are no longer shiny. They might be slightly puffy and soft when you pull them out, but they will sink down and solidify as they cool.