A mid-week treat, and a little something to counteract the dreary April showers…
Recipe makes 4 dozen cookies.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter (room temp)
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening (room temp)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- a few rasps of fresh Nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups Self Rising Flour (or 2 1/2 cups regular Flour, 1 tsp Baking Soda)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, shortening, and sugars.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Beat in the vanilla, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add in the flour, and continue to beat until fully combined.
- Stir in the chocolate.
- Scoop the dough out onto parchment lined baking sheets – about 1 tbsp of dough per cookie.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies are no longer shiny. They might be slightly puffy and soft when you pull them out, but they will sink down and solidify as they cool.