I came upon a recipe similar to this one in Sweet, and it brought to mind the iced tahini mochas I was obsessed with drinking last summer. As I am partial to my own brownie recipe, I decided to use that one instead of the one in the cookbook, and just add a swirl of tahini on the top. As if my regular brownies weren’t rich enough, adding tahini elevates them into the realm of exorbitant decadence.
Recipe makes a 9″ x 13″ pan of brownies.
- 1 cup (1/2 lb) Butter
- 15 oz Bittersweet Chocolate (broken or chopped into pieces)
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Line a 9″x13″ pan with greased aluminum foil.
- Melt the 15 oz of chocolate with the butter. Stir until completely combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and the brown sugar together.
- Add the vanilla.
- Add the melted chocolate, and continue to beat.
- Sift in the flour.
- Beat until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Drop globs of tahini on top of the brownie batter, and then use a knife to marble the tahini and brownies together.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes.