It’s been awhile since a brownie post has graced this blog, and this one is full of all kinds of gooey goodness. Creamy caramel melts into the chocolaty brownie base giving you a beautifully sticky, sumptuous treat.
You can make the caramel ahead of time. This recipe makes about 2 cups of caramel, more then you will need for one pan of brownies, but the sauce will keep for several weeks, and is great for dipping fruit or drizzled over ice-cream.
- 1/3 cup Corn Syrup
- 1 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cream (warm)
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Heat up the corn syrup.
- Add the sugar into the corn syrup.
- Cook the sugar until it begins to caramelize.
- Pour in the cream. This will cause a lot of bubbling and splattering, but stir it until smooth.
- Add the salt.
- Remove the caramel from the heat.
- Gradually stir in the butter.
- 1 cup (1/2 lb or 2 sticks) Butter
- 4 oz Bittersweet Chocolate (broken or chopped into pieces)
- 4 oz Unsweetened Chocolate (broken or chopped into pieces)
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 cup Caramel Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (~177 C).
- Line a 9″x13″ pan with greased aluminum foil.
- Melt the 8 oz of chocolate with the butter. Stir until completely combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and the brown sugar together.
- Add the vanilla.
- Add the melted chocolate, and continue to beat.
- Sift in the flour.
- Beat until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan. You may need to use a knife or spatula to even it out.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the top of the brownies.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.