I woke up with a hankering for pumpkin muffins this morning. Enough said.
Recipe makes a dozen medium sized muffins.
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Butter (melted)
- 1 Egg
- 14 oz pureed Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (~177 C).
- Make the crumb.
- Cut the butter into the flour, sugar, and cinnamon until the crumbs start to form.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- … or give it all a quick blitz in the food processor, adding the pecans in towards the end.
- Whisk together the butter, milk, egg, pumpkin, salt, and sugar.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Gently fold the mixture together. Don’t over mix. It’s alright to still have a few pockets of flour visible.
- Scoop the muffin batter into greased or lined tins.
- Sprinkle the crumb on top.
- Bake for ~15-20 minutes.